DugsWelcome.com is committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of all visitors to our website. We therefore use secure SSL encryption on all pages of the website to ensure any data submitted by you cannot be read by third parties. If you set up an account and log into our website, all pages you visit are also encrypted with SSL. You can confirm this by viewing and clicking on the padlock symbol in your browser.
You can check the reputation of our website at Web of Trust which is based on user ratings.
Information We Collect via the Website
– If you email DugsWelcome.com, request a sticker or submit a listing request, we will collect and store the information you provide in your submission form. This is necessary in order to carry out your request. We do not pass this information to any third parties.
– If you subscribe as a member in order to use the additional features on our website, such as our interactive maps and location search, we will set up an account and store your email address, username and your full name (if provided). This information is not passed to any third parties and we do not use this to send unsolicited email to you. We are able to view details of all our users from within our website admin panel. However, please note we will only contact a member if you have also agreed to receive email updates via our Mailchimp newsletter or have contacted us directly with a query. We do not have sight of any passwords you create from within our normal administration panel. These are stored securely in our database and encrypted. These can be reset at anytime by the account holder. Please note if your account expires and/or is cancelled, your account details will remain in our database until we obtain a request to delete the data.
– If you sign up to our Mailchimp newsletter you can unsubscribe at any time. We provide an unsubscribe link in each email and also within the members dashboard. We do not directly hold details of the individual subscribers as this is held securely by Mailchimp. We can at anytime log into our Mailchimp account and send updates or emails to all users that are subscribed to our mailing list. However we will never send emails which would be considered spam and we will never send an excessive volume of emails to our users. We will only send occasional emails which means no more than 1 or 2 emails per week. All emails that we send will only be for important or useful information relating to our website, events or merchandise.
– If you purchase merchandise from us (or purchase a website subscription) we use Paypal or Stripe to securely collect and process your payment. We do not have any access to your actual full credit or debit card details or account passwords as this is not provided by the third parties. We will receive your name, address, email and information on the items you have purchased in order that we can arrange for delivery of your items. We will not at any time pass this information to any third parties. It is used only to enable us to complete your order. If you purchase an item from our online shop and provide a postal address, these details will be saved in our database.
Please also view our policy with regards photos that you may send us via email or a social network.
Information We Collect via the Android App
– If you are a “Big Dug” member and have downloaded the Android app from Google Play, you can use your website login to log into the app. If you log in, a login token is held in localStorage on your phone. This remains on your phone until it is cleared (by uninstalling the app). The reason it is stored is to ensure that you only need to log in once (as long as you don’t log out).
– If you email us via the contact form within the app, we will collect and store the information you provide in your submission form. This is necessary in order to answer your query / carry out your request. If you upload a photo, the app will access your photo library in order to carry out your request. We do not pass this information to any third parties.
– If you use the additional logged in features such as the interactive maps and “My Location”, the app requests access to your current location. If you grant this permission, then we will use that information in order to determine the nearest dog friendly places to your location. This is necessary in order for the functionality to work. We do not store or track users locations in any way.
– We do not have access to, collect or store any sensitive information which may be contained on your phone (such as your contacts).
Unit 11185 PO Box 26965, Glasgow, G1 9BW
Contact by Email